Otome Survival 21
Tags: Otome Survival
I decided to grow a beard and translate a chapter.
IMPORTANT: I don't know whether to keep the extra new lines (blank lines) that the web novel has or to strip them all out like the light novel does. I've created a stripped version of this chapter here (which also has some paragraphs combined together like in the light novel), so check both of the versions and please vote on this poll which you like best.
I'm having some doubts about whether to capitalise a dialogue sentence when it starts with an ellipsis or not. I haven't been able to find anything about it because this pattern is mostly a Japanese thing. In English literature what the ellipsis represents would be described before the sentence. In the end, I ended up going with what "felt right" this chapter. You'll see that the only place where I didn't capitalise it makes it "sound" like a lower tone of voice. Gimme feedback in the poll, please.
I got too engrossed in programming again. Really feels good when stuff just clicks into place. But I got stuck on something, so I shifted back to translating for a bit. I should really balance both of these better.
I was quite disappointed when the first volume of the manga didn't have a sixth chapter. Hasn't come out yet either. Keep checking it every day but there's nothing.
SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT: I'm around 10 euros short this month to pay for the renewal of a domain I use for my email server. It's set up in a away that if this one goes down, all my other websites will also be unavailable (I assume, I don't wanna test out that hypothesis), this one included. I would appreciate a donation, but even better would be if you commissioned me to translate something. This way you get something in return. Otherwise, I'll commit to translating at least one chapter every two days until the 18th, which is when that domain would become parked (goes into a grace period where I still retain it, but won't be able to use it).
- [+] Something that was added in the light novel.
- [–] Something that didn't make it into the light novel.
- [≠] Some difference in details.
- [+] A line describing how Bert's "A grandchild...huh." wasn't voiced but Oz still guessed from his expression and raised the topic of the found young lady.
- [+] Oz specifically stating that the territory of Baron Horace isn't far from Dandall's territory. I'm guessing this is why Oz asked Bert if he's going there, since that question made no sense otherwise, coming from his own butler.
- [+] A short sentence on how Viro and Aria arrived at Margrave Dandall's territory safely, right after the ⁂.
- [–] The mention that the information about the financial and political power of the margraves was according to Viro.
- [–] When Viro introduces himself at the door, he doesn't mention that the request is from the Adventurers' Guild specifically.
- [+] After parting with Viro, Aria wonders which part of what he said about Castro was supposed to reassure her.
- [+] Aria specifying that she's following Castro towards the back of the mansion.
- [≠] Castor's appraisal results are a bit different in the light novel: magic power: 123/130 and stamina: 244/260.