Otome Survival 23
Tags: Otome Survival
Today was tiring. This chapter was practically done yesterday.
Crisis averted. A certain Harry did his magic and got me the 10 euros I was short to pay for the renewal of my email server's domain, so I'm "safe" for this month. I'll still appreciate any spare change you may wish to throw my way, though.
Also, a reminder that I take commissions. I've been looking at other translators' commission pages and I'm starting to get an idea on the prices, so I'll update it soon.
Thanks to everyone who voted on this poll. Twenty is a much better sample size. By the way, in response to a comment on the poll, while it's true that I'm demoralised, I'm used to it so it's fine.
So it seems that I shouldn't bunch all the lines together, but should combine some paragraphs when appropriate. I agree with that. The "blocking" that the web novel has does have some charm to it, but I did find that it went too far at times, so I was already combining paragraphs at times.
As for when a dialogue sentence starts with ellipsis...75% said to choose whichever appropriate, which I do agree with, but I'd really like to ask someone with proper grammar knowledge. Or at least, find this question answered online, since I haven't been able to find anyone asking this specific question. It's really only a Japanese thing. But for now, I'll keep always capitalising, since that follows the rule of "capitalise if a new sentence is started after the ellipsis".
- [+] Something that was added in the light novel.
- [–] Something that didn't make it into the light novel.
- [≠] Some difference in details.
- [+] Detail about how Sera is one of the knights that can do combat at a high enough level as to be able to corner the enemy.
- [≠] In the web novel it says that Sera knew Viro since a manticore subjugation about ten years ago, but in the light novel it says that it was House Melrose that was in a friendly relationship with Rainbow Sword since more than a hundred years ago.
- [≠] In the web novel the amount of copper coins for the weighted string was increased to 20 (which was 10 before), but in the light novel it increased to 15.
- [≠] In the light novel the newly appraised magic power of the hobgoblin is: 63/68. Also, the light novel added an additional "Rank 2" listed next to the name, since Aria became aware of what type of monster it was.
- [≠] In the light novel the tip of the needle dagger was bent, while in the web novel it straight out broke.
- [≠] There are quite a few slight differences when it comes to the fight explanation, but I either used some myself while translating or they were too slight to bother mentioning. I also moved some lines around like in the light novel, since it read better that way.