Otome Survival 3
Tags: Otome Survival
I feel like I'm gonna keep using this excuse but...IRL stuff just keeps stealing time from the translation process. Anyway, here you go.
To be honest, I feel like I spent as much time on this chapter as I did on the two previous ones combined. It has a lot of terms that will keep appearing in the story so I had to do a lot of research on not just which variant of the translation to use, but also how to present it. I think around 40% of the time was spent just reading about stuff. Though in the end, I practically ended up going with what BakaPervert chose. I'm really tempted to use "magicules" instead of "magic particles", though...
By the way, this chapter has a couple of maps of the world. I wanted to translate them, but I'm already quite late, so I added them as is. Maybe I'll translate them later, but here is the translated map from the light novel courtesy of BakaPervert.
On another note, Disqus comments weren't working correctly, showing the same thread on every page, so I fixed that.
- [+] Something that was added in the light novel.
- [–] Something that didn't make it into the light novel.
- [≠] Some difference in details.
- [–] Her using an animal trail and not seeing any indication of wolves.
- [–] The existence of a second stream further down the path.
- [–] Learning magic by feeling with the skin.
- [+] A "...Can't be helped." utterance before searching the "knowledge".
- [–] The oxygen and water analogy, along with her thoughts about becoming argumentative due to the acquired knowledge.
- [+] Note about technique to analyse skills.