Otome Survival 4
Tags: Otome Survival
Wow, a new chapter was released and not even two full days passed? Can already feel Christmas.
Though honestly I had this chapter finished yesterday but decided to leave the final editing pass for after I woke up because I was already tired. Good decision. Caught a few things I could have improved, so I did.
I think this is a good rhythm. Translating the chapter before sleep and then waking up to do a final edit before publishing it.
Now the challenge is working around all the other interruptions I get on a daily basis. Like, for example, yesterday I had to bake a cake for the first time. Why the hell am I baking a cake? That shit took around two hours and I don't even like cakes!
Anyway, that was the tastiest fecking cake I've eaten in my entire life.
Just goes to show that if you want something done right, do it yourself. Which is part of the reason I started this site.
PS. The dreaded asterisk is back but now it brought friends (＊＊＊). Still don't know what to replace it with so it's probably gonna be bugging me for a long time...
PS2. YES! DIALOGUE! It's part of the reason this chapter was faster to translate. Way less research had to be done. Unfortunately, having read almost up to the latest raw, I can say that dialogues aren't really that prevalent...
- [+] Something that was added in the light novel.
- [–] Something that didn't make it into the light novel.
- [≠] Some difference in details.
- [+] The man waited for her to finish eating the skewer before speaking (though it's already implied so in the web novel).
- [+] She mentioned specifically that she was reviewing her "knowledge" about level 1 Light sorcery.
- [+] The man was growing impatient as she kept being silent while sorting out her thoughts about Light sorcery.
- [≠] The man is 20 years old in the web novel and 21 in the light novel.
- [–] Part about learning Daily Life magic not necessarily making you able to feel magic power, and that learning it at an early age would make the flow too natural to notice.
- [–] Part about her becoming used to the flow of magic power due to trying to sense it on her own. Honestly, this part doesn't really make sense so I get why the author got rid of it.
- [+] Her "Hm?" after the uncle's request to step back because it's dangerous.
- [–] The uncle's "Oi—!" before she was repelled.